Sukkah Jewish Museum

 

The addition to the Jewish Museum in Berlin is located in the courtyard of the original building, which was built in 1735. The new building is inspired by the Sukkah huts that are used for gatherings during the Jewish festival of Sukkot. The extension has a transparent glass roof and curtain walls that offer unobstructed views of the garden.  In the summer, sliding doors can be opened along the lower front elevation to transform the courtyard into an outdoor space. The Courtyard opened in September 2007. Studio Dinnebier

worked with Matthias Reese at Reese Architekten to complete the project.

typology

Museum / Culture

timeline

2008

location

Berlin, Germany

architect / artist / designer

Daniel Libeskind Architects New York

collaboration

Jan Blieske

photo credits

Jan Bitter

 
 
show more